View all posts
The primary focus of a Business Developer at Wonder Vision is to drive sales by building and developing relationships with new clients. In order to be successful in this role you will be expected to be proactively and rigorously engaged with core business development activity on a day to day basis in order to reach your set KPI’s and quarterly targets. These activities will range from lead generation, cold calling, client meetings, deal closing, networking and on-going relationship management. Eloquent communication in all forms is essential to this role to be able to effectively demonstrate our value proposition, explain WV’s service offering and negotiate with clients. Teamwork is intrinsic to the achievement of success in your role. You will be working closely with the Directors in the Henley Studio and alongside the production team to ensure we achieve our targets.
- Meeting/ exceeding quarterly revenue targets by acquiring new business opportunities with both new and existing clients.
- High level of sustained business development activity (cold calls, emails, meetings) in order to achieve these targets and our KPI’s.
- A deep understanding of our offering so that you are able to fluently communicate our services, handle client questions and convert leads.
- Arrange and perform meetings, through cold calling/emailing, with the right level of contacts within the target organisation.
- Delivering presentations to the target client and effectively delivering these in an intimate or larger group environment.
- Identifying and nurturing long term client relationships that deliver repeat business.
- Handling initial client enquiries. Liaising with the production team to scope the work.
- Negotiating with the client to close the deal. Actively following up on all of your leads/ proposals.
- Being able to fluently talk through the proposal whilst managing client expectations.
- Keeping your clients informed of any relevant updates, services and new work so that Wonder Vision is front of mind when new opportunities arise.
- Working with the marketing department, you will develop ideas for campaigns and collateral to generate enquiries. When required, you will follow up on any marketing campaigns that have been sent out.
- Supporting all business development related activities: admin, reporting, research, CRM and record-keeping and networking events.
Skills and requirements
- 5+ years’ experience within the advertising or production industry in sales driven/ client-focused environment.
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
- Established network of industry contacts within our core areas of business.
- Prepared to travel regularly and extensively within the UK and occasionally further for client meetings and industry events.
- You must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Confident, persuasive and articulate communicator both in person and in writing.
- Positive and tenacious, using intelligence and initiative to achieve results.
- Team player who can work collaboratively and motivate others in order to reach a common goal.
- A self-motivated individual with a desire to constantly improve themselves, their team and the wider business around them.